Improving Staff Scheduling in Canadian Healthcare
Logibec Scheduling & Analytics
Key recommendations to help your organization overcome constraints in Canadian healthcare staff scheduling
Staff scheduling plays a central role in the management of Canadian hospitals’ day-to-day activities. To this day, it remains a very conventional and people-driven process that relies mostly on manual administration.
Cloud-based technology is now offering new, practical ways to optimize conventional scheduling processes to meet the 6 main challenges in healthcare staff scheduling.
6 Main Staff Scheduling Challenges Faced by Healthcare Organizations
- Maintaining budget due to overstaffing, unnecessary overtime, and grievance penalties
- Insufficient staff planning that results in disproportionate skill mix, inability to track against budgets and staff shortages
- Employee stress and burnout which decreases job satisfaction increases absenteeism and reduces work productivity
- Last minute shift replacements that cause undue strain on staff
- Inaccurate timekeeping practices lead to incorrect timesheets, understaffing, and risks patient safety
- Compliance violations which results in costly grievances, workplace dissatisfaction, and increases levels of employee stress and burnout
- Lori Furey, Product Director, Logibec
- Jeff Pidhirney, Business Analyst, Logibec